Thursday, August 1, 2013

Vegan Good Things is Back!

Photograph by Dominic Neitz for Laika Magazine
Hello friends. Vegan Good Things is back after a very extended absence. I hope you will forgive me for my blog neglect, but you see, I have spent the past three months, I'm talking a solid three months, suffering from severe nausea, vomiting, and basically wanting to die if I even thought about or looked at food. If you haven't guessed the cause yet, it's a pretty rough case of morning sickness that I've been experiencing. Yep, I'm pregnant again and we've just found out that it's a little girl I'll be having this December!

Announcing that we have another vegan baby on the way is a great segue to tell you about the newest Summer issue of Laika Magazine, in which we are featured in their Plant Based Since Day One spread about vegan families and parenting. I am SO VERY PROUD to be included in this feature, which also includes an essay I penned titled Birthday Parties, which shares my thoughts on the ethics, hopes, and fears that I have as a vegan parent. If you haven't discovered Laika yet, you must immediately order your digital or print copy or find a newsstand near you that carries it. It is absolutely beautiful in its layout and design, full of thought-provoking writing, and 100% vegan. This is their second issue and they deserve our support. Please check it out and read my essay!

Now that my morning sickness has mostly subsided, I have big plans to get back in the kitchen and try out some new recipes that I've had flagged for a long time. I also have some new cookbooks to review, including my current favorite, The Sexy Vegan's Happy Hour at Home. Full of fantastic menu ideas, each paired with a cocktail that I would pretty much give my left leg to be able to taste right now, this book looks amazing. It's going to be quite a while before I get to savor any cocktails, but I am excited to test out some of his recipes. Please check back soon for some new posts, and thanks for not forgetting about me after so many months of silence! 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to see you back, and congratulations on your pregnancy and the magazine feature. Sounds like a really useful article for all those veg families out there.
    Looking forward to reading more from you :)

    ReplyDelete