Monday, October 7, 2013

Soba Noodles with Miso-Glazed Tofu & Vegetables


This is the BEST thing I've eaten in a long time. The photo probably doesn't do it justice, you'll just have to believe me. I had some tofu and asparagus in my fridge that I wanted to use, and came across this recipe from the May issue of Cooking Light. It was a perfect use for my tofu and asparagus and, amazingly, I already had all the other ingredients as well. If you cook Asian food on a semi-regular basis, you'll probably have the staples like rice vinegar, miso, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil as well. If not, you should, because those are all delicious good things to have on hand!

The other bonus was that the recipe was already vegan, so I didn't have to change a thing. These noodles are light and savory, with just the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and umami flavors. It was also super easy to make. The miso glaze gives the tofu a perfect golden sear on the outside, I imagine that it would turn even the most skeptical tofu-phobe into a true believer. This dish is simply delicious. Go to the recipe at the link and make it now!

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this recipe- tofu, miso, soba and sesame! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicous!!

    http://www.fabvegan.com

    ReplyDelete